Sunday 25 October 2015

New Project

Started working on a pretty butterfly pastel project today. This painting is different from my ones to date as I'm going to be using a 'blurred effect' background. I'm using Pastelmat and Faber Castell pastels and pastel pencils. I have done an initial basic sketch and have filled in the background colours. The next step will be creating the blurred effect before I move on the the butterfly itself.

Initial sketch has been done using a white pastel pencil.


Here I am blocking in the base colours before adding the blurring effect. The green and pink represent the grass/leaves and pink flowers. The brown to the side is a wooden log.


I've blurred the background into green and pink and detailed the wood to add more depth. Now I'm starting to work on the butterfly


No comments:

Post a Comment